Chief and Council
Birdtail Sioux Dakota Nation Chief & Council’s mandate is to set strategic direction and make decisions that are in the best interest of their community members, while following good governance and financial practices to ensure the sustainability of the Birdtail Sioux Community.
Chief and Council carry-out five key governance responsibilities:
- Overseeing strategic management
- Hiring and directing the Band Manager
- Maintaining good relations with the members
- Protecting community rights & assets
- Fulfilling fiduciary and legal responsibilities
The elected leadership consists of 1 Chief and 4 Councillors who are elected every four years by ballot vote.
Birdtail Sioux Dakota Nation 2017-2021 Chief & Council
Portfolio: Chief is a member of all Portfolio Assignments
You may also reach Chief and Council by calling (204) 568-4540, ext. 1.