Health Care Aide (HCA) Clinical Support Position
March 10th, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. (CST)
March 12th, 2021 (beginning at 10am)
March 15th, 2021
Birdtail Sioux Health Centre – Birdtail Sioux First Nation
Box 90, Beulah, Manitoba, R0M 0B0
As part of the Home & Community Care Program team provides services to enable clients and families to remain as independent as possible in meeting there needs. Reports to the Home Care Nurse or designate any problem with the completion of tasks. Reports any problems with relationship with clients and/or families. Reports any incidents or accidents immediately. Completes incident reports and other required documentation as applicable.
Education and Experience:
Completion of a Health Care Aide (HCA) from a college or other equivalent recognized program.
- Good mental and physical health. Must have up to date immunizations and negative chest x-ray.
- Knowledge of First Nations history and culture.
- Able to communicate effectively with clients, family and members of the health care team.
- Must be committed to the team concept and the philosophy that each family member and employee can make a unique and important contribution to the care of the client.
- Ability to provide safe, effective personal care in a manner that considers each individuals need for comfort., privacy and respect is essential
- Able to take and follow direction and perform necessary tasks in cooperation with others
- Adaptable-able to work in a variety of home environments and make good use of facilities and those of the Home Care Department as required.
- Flexible and/or able to adapt routine and tasks to the situation of the clients.
- Acts as a role model to other staff and family members showing patience, kindness, concern and compassion for the client.
Duties and Responsibilities: (full Job Description available at Health Office)
- Personal hygiene and activities of daily living
- Administrative support services
- Other related duties
- Work will be conducted in the client’s home
- There is frequent travel required inside the community
- The employee maybe required working with clients with substantially different values and beliefs than his/her own.
CPIC can be obtained from DOPS for a fee of $10.50
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interested applicants are invited to forward a resume and cover letter, including two (2) references a criminal record check and vulnerable persons check to:
Attn: Tanya M. Hanska, Health Director
Birdtail Sioux Health Centre
PO Box 90, Beulah, Manitoba R0M 0B0